Important festivities in San Miguel de Allende
Mexico is a country that likes to celebrate, and San Miguel de Allende is no exception.
Any excuse is a great one for a party and fireworks.
Here is a list of the most significant holidays:
- Jan 6 th - Three wise men or the Three Kings;
- Feb 2nd – La Candelaria
- Feb 24th - Mexican Flag Day;
- March 21st – Birth of Mr. Benito Juarez and start of the Spring
- May 5th - Celebration of The Battle of Puebla against the French
- May 10th – Mothers Day
- Week prior to Holly week “El Señor de La Columna”;
- March or April Holly Week; • Second Weekend of June “The Locos Parade”;
- Sept 16th - Mexican Independence Day
- Last week of September - St. Michael´s day “La Alborada”
- November 2nd Day of the Dead and Catrina Parade
- Nov 20th Revolution day and parade; wool and lamb fair;
- Dec 12th Day of holly Virgin of Guadalupe and the start of Posadas (Every Sunday);
- Dec 24th Christmas eve
- 31st New Year´s eve
San Miguel de Allende has also become one of Mexico´s preferred wedding destinations.